We have all heard the old school saying “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” Well, it’s true. After sleeping for all those hours, your body is ready to literally break the fast. The problem is, you woke up late and barely have time to make breakfast. Your morning commute doesn’t allow for eating a full plate of breakfast goodness. Here’s the answer to your problem: make ahead #bestself breakfast ideas. Below you will find several breakfast recipes that you can make the night before or even several days in advance.
Mason Jar Overnight Oats
1. Get your jars and fill them each with ½ cup of rolled oats.
2. Add 1 cup of milk (soy, rice, almond, coconut, regular, etc.)
3. Add any topping that you would like: nuts- almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashew nuts, seeds-flax seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, fruits-raisins, berries, banana, cherries, apples, misc-nut butters, coconut flakes, greek yogurt, plain yogurt, pretty much whatever your heart desires. (For an added crunch you can add these toppings in the morning before eating)
4. Sprinkle any spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa, vanilla, gingerbread spice.
5. Close the lids and put jars in the fridge.
6. In the morning, add any sweeteners such as agave or maple syrup, honey, sugar, or stevia.
7. Heat it up or eat as is!
Breakfast Egg Muffins
yields 12 muffins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Line a 12 muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease with your choice of oil or butter.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine 10 large eggs, ⅓ cup of milk, and whisk well.
3. Stir in ¾ cups of cheese, cooked bacon pieces, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper.
4. Divide mixture evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until muffin browns and center is cooked through.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and chives and enjoy!
yields 24 burritos
1. Scramble 12 eggs in a large skillet, stir in 1 lb of cooked sausage and ½ cup of salsa.
2. Optional ingredients: shredded & fried potatoes (6), green pepper finely diced (1), finely minced garlic clove (1-2), finely diced onion (1), peeled & chopped tomatoes (1)
3. Warm 24 tortillas in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
4. Place ½ cup of the egg mixture in a tortilla and roll burrito style
5. To Freeze: Layer burritos in a single layer on a lightly greased cookie sheet then freeze. Once fully frozen, wrap each burrito individually in foil and place in a large zip-loc bag and freeze.
6. To Serve: Unwrap foiled burrito, wrap in a paper towel, and heat up in the microwave for 1 ½- 2 minutes or unthaw then bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Make Ahead Smoothies
This one is the easiest as you can add whatever your heart desires.
1. Choose freezer bags or freezer-safe mason jars.
2. Add 2 cups of fruit. It can be ANY fruit you would like.
3. Toss in 1 cup of greens. The same thing applies here, kale and spinach are popular choices.
4. Freeze the bags or jars.
5. In the morning, remove the package from the freezer, pour ingredients into a blender, add 1 cup of liquid (milk, juice, water), and blend.
6. Feel free to sprinkle in supplemental powders such as spirulina, flax seeds, chia seeds, etc.
Camille's Pro Tip: Try blending in some Camille Rose Superfoods vitamins with your smoothie. Pop open the capsules, and empty the vitamin into your smoothie for an extra nutritious treat!
7. Another option is blending the ingredients in advance and freezing the smoothie in freezer-safe mason jars. Don’t forget to place a smoothie jar in the fridge the night before so it can defrost in time to drink in the morning.
Let us know if you have any quick and easy make-ahead breakfast ideas that help you feel your #bestself. Comment if you’ve tried any of these recipes and how they worked for you!